Breast reduction abroad
Breast reduction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to reduce the volume of large and hypertrophic breasts.
Breast hypertrophy is an overdevelopment of the breast volume; breast size is disproportionate to the morphology of the patient. The breast hypertrophy may generally be accompanied by sag (ptosis) with a degree of asymmetry.
Hypertrophic breast often leads to psychological and functional difficulties as shoulder pain, neck or back. The patient may also experience discomfort for several practices such as sports or for simpler efforts while recalling that, generally, women with this problem have difficulties with clothing.
Dr. Bouzguenda proposes to reduce the volume of your breasts with a correction of sagging and asymmetry. It guarantees you to obtain a harmonious chest with your body. Feel free to contact her for details of your breast reduction surgery abroad in Tunisia from this contact form.
Breast reduction Tunisia
What is breast reduction?
Breast reduction is a breast cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to reduce breast size in people suffering from breast hypertrophy.
Real aesthetic and physical handicap, hypertrophic breast results in an excessive development of the mammary gland causing muscles pain and in some cases psychological suffering.
Excessive breast development may in some cases be associated with breast asymmetry. The procedure ensures removal of skin and mammary gland in excess to obtain a firm chest, curved and perfectly symmetrical.
Breast reduction surgery abroad in Tunisia
Is breast reduction right for you?
The advantage of this procedure is to give back to the chest form a smooth and adequate volume with the morphology of the patient and in accordance with her wishes. Breast reduction involves removal of excess fat and skin while repositioning the areola and nipple (breast lift). The residual volume of the gland is re-concentrated and ascended to obtain firm and shapely breasts.
Preparation for breast reduction surgery
Preoperative health check is required following the instructions of Dr. Bouzguenda.
Women aged over 35 or with breast cancer risk factors are required to undergo a preoperative mammogram.
Smoking can delay healing; smoking cessation is strongly advised at least one month before the procedure.
It is also advisable to stop any form of oral contraception particularly in cases of obesity, poor circulation caused by improper condition or venous bleeding disorder; the latter being associated risk factors.
It is imperative to stop all aspirin-based treatment 10 days before surgery.
Methods of breast reduction surgery
Two types of scars can be considered: either an inverted T scar, a vertical scar. The choice between the two types of scars is motivated by the degree of breast enlargement and the importance of glandular volume reduction.
“Breast reduction : Inverted-T” mammoplasty
Breast reduction : Vertical mammoplasty
If major breast enlargement: An inverted T incision is often considered. It consists of an incision around the areola, a vertical incision of the areola to the crease under the breast and a last horizontal incision in the crease under the breast (the scar then the form of a marine anchor).
Breast reduction surgery scars
In patients with moderate breast hypertrophy: Unlike with inverted T scar, vertical scar does not require horizontal incision in the crease under the breast. It thus reduces the size of the scar and reduces visibility.
A mammaplasty reduction can be performed on a person with an established and growing throughout life.
The intervention does not affect in any way the possibility of pregnancy, however it is recommended a period of at least one year after the operation.
Type of anesthesia and hospital stay
- Type of anesthesia : Breast reduction surgery is done under general anesthesia.
- Hospital stay : In general, the patient's hospitalization requires only 2 to 3 days.
After breast reduction surgery
- At the end of the breast reduction surgery procedure and to eliminate the bleeding, prevent bruising and secondary suppurations, a drain is inserted and kept 1-3 days after surgery
- Post operative dressing is removed 24 to 48 hours after the operation and replaced with a lighter and less bulky dressing
- Wearing a bra without underwire, day and night and ensuring good contention is imperative for a period of six weeks from the date of the procedure
- The sutures are absorbable.
During the first days after surgery, it is usual to see:
- Bruises in the breast that will fade within 15 to 21days.
- Edema of varying importance can occur and can sometimes persist after several days of surgery
- A feeling of congested breasts that will fade after a few days
- Discomfort in the elevation of the arms and sometimes pain in the breasts, which can fade after taking a simple analgesic
- The mammaplasty reduction does not change the quality of breast cancer mammograms screening. Breast reduction may cause decreased sensation in the nipples that may prove to be irreversible
- Sports activities are strongly discouraged for two months following surgery. A 15-day stop of activities is necessary
- The scars must always be protected from the sun for a year and their final aspect can only be judged after a period of 12 months
- To keep intact the aesthetic aspect of the intervention, the pregnancy should only be possible after a year.
Breast reduction risks and possible complications
Breast reduction is a reliable and low-risk procedure; patients are often satisfied with the results. However, certain complications can occur. While very infrequent, these complications are not predictable and it is important to be aware of them.
- Although very rare, there are risks associated with general anesthesia
- Infection can occur, taking antibiotics is usually sufficient to overcome them. In the most severe cases, surgical drainage is considered
- An evacuation gesture is possible following a hematoma
- Nipple insensitivity can occur, however a return of sensitivity is generally observed from 6 to 18 months
- Delayed healing
- Partial or total necrosis of the areola, favored by smoking and obesity that affect the capillary blood circulation
- The appearance of scars may be unusually broad or hypertrophic, correctional surgery may be considered
- A partial necrosis of the gland resulting in hardened nodule, sometimes requiring a new intervention
- The areolas and nipples are exposed to risks of numbness, or unusual sensations that fade at least partially over time
- Exceptionally, thromno-embolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism)
Finally, one should not overstate the risks of breast reduction remains a reliable operation. But it is important to be aware that even minor surgery has certain risks.
Breast reduction surgery abroad cost
The cost of breast reduction abroad in Tunisia is affordable and cheap, compared to price in UK or Europe. It's about 50 or 60% cheaper. Do not hesitate to request a quotation for your breast reduction abroad in Tunisia.
Procedure : it consists on reshaping and reducing the size of the breasts by removing the fat, glandular tissue and skin from the breasts making them smaller lighter and firmer and repositioning the ripples on a higher and more youthful position
Hospital stay: 2 nights
Length : 3 hours
Anesthesia : general
Side Effects : bruising, swelling, discomfort, temporary numbness
Risks : infection, bad scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, nipple areola loss, fat necrosis, delayed wound healing, Nipple sensation diminished.
Stay in Tunisia 7 nights
Recovery : Back to work: 2 weeks
Result : 12 weeks until final result, scars continue to improve over 18 months.